“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost;” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Well hello there! My name is Shannon, and I am your average 19-year-old University student, slogging my way through dual degrees in Journalism & Ancient History.
During my first year of University, a question kept being asked of me. What do you love? What are you passionate about? I had a crisis, the truth was I had no idea. I thought it had to be History, but that was only half of the story.
The truth was that I love to travel. I love that feeling of getting completely lost in the foreign, breaking down cultural barriers, and tracing the very existence of humanity through the monuments and legacies that are left behind. To put it simply, I love to wander.
I’ve had the very good fortune of being able to visit five countries, and had the opportunity to wander around cities such as London, Rome, Venice, Paris, Florence and Queenstown among others. I’ve also made my away around my native country of Australia.
And I have no intention of stopping there!
Phew, that’s certainly a mouthful!
Anyway, with that in mind, welcome to Of Those Who Wander! It is my greatest honour to explore everything this great, big crazy world has to offer and share it here with you!
– Shannon Coward xx
(The Roman Forum, Rome, Italy)
(View from the Rialto Bridge. Venice, Italy)
(In front of Buckingham Palace, London, England)
5 Random Facts About Me
- I really like Rome, like a lot. It’s probably my favourite place I’ve been so far. I’ll talk about it a lot in the future, just a warning.
- I measure the prices of everything in terms of book prices and plane prices.
- I go in for history in all forms, but especially Ancient History in the Mediterranean. If anyone wants to talk about that, just hit me up. I will talk your ear off!
- I’m absurdly proud of the fact that I once won second prize in a Sprinting event.
- I’m a Hufflepuff, and I’m proud of it!
For business inquiries, please feel free to email me at email@example.com
Please feel free to direct any other comments to the address above.